Spikenard Nardostachys jatamans
Spikenard, a flowering plant of the Valerian family, is native to high altitudes in the sub-alpine and alpine regions of the Himalayan mountains. Spikenard essential oil is steam distilled from the roots of the plant and has been valued for centuries, traditionally used to anoint people of high honor and in the Ayurvedic health practices of India. Historically, Spikenard was used to uplift mood and promote relaxation. Spikenard promotes clean, healthy skin. Today, the oil is commonly used in perfumes and relaxing massage oils for its woody, musty scent. By sourcing Spikenard oil from Nepal, doTERRA is able to support much needed income streams for harvesters and partner distillers, particularly in the remote areas where it is harvested, as well as support needed rural community development projects through our Co-Impact Sourcing® initiatives.
- Diffuse or apply one to two drops to back of neck or to temples to promote feeling of calmness and relaxation.
- Create a personalized fragrance by combining Spikenard with Clove, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Myrrh, Wild Orange, Rose, and Vetiver.
- Combine with a hydrating cream to soften and smooth skin.
- Add one to two drops to your favorite cleanser or anti-aging product to promote healthy, glowing skin.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Uplifting aroma
- Promotes feelings of calmness and relaxation
- Frequently used in aromatherapy and meditation for its grounding properties
- Purifying to the skin
Aromatic DescriptionWoody, spicy, musty
Collection MethodSteam distillation
***But you can get it for even less by becoming a wholesale customer.
Get your essential oils and natural products wholesale when you join the doTERRA Wholesale Club for $35 or get Free with a kit. This item wholesale is $49.50 for club members.
Learn More to buy wholesale and get FREE bonus products!
I am wellness advocate #1269118 authorized by doTERRA International since 2014.
Or JOIN MY TEAM and earn a residual income, Business Opportunity Join doTERRA