Melissa officinalis, also known as lemon balm, received the name “Melissa” because of its sweet, fresh, citrus-like fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is Greek for “honey bee”). As one of our rarest and most expensive oils, Melissa has a wide range of health benefits and uses. Melissa is used as a flavor in teas and ice cream as well as with some fish dishes. Because of its positive effect on mood, Melissa has long been used to calm feelings of tension and nervousness. Diffusing Melissa at night can help initiate a restful sleep environment and promote emotional well-being. Melissa may also help to support a healthy immune system.*
- Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to help lessen feelings of stress and promote emotional well-being.
- Diffuse to create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep.
- Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin and refresh the mind.
- Diffuse it to uplift mood.
- Place one to two drops under the tongue or on the roof of the mouth and swallow.
- Blend Melissa with doTERRA On Guard® to boost its benefits.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. Cautions Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Melissa may help to support a healthy immune system.*
- It calms tension and nerves.
- Melissa promotes feelings of relaxation.
- Melissa helps the skin look clean and healthy and reduces the appearances of blemishes when applied topically.
- Melissa promotes emotional health.
- This essential oil supports memory and cognitive health (especially in helping with mild memory problems associated with aging).*
- It calms the nervous system.*
- It supports digestive health.*
- Melissa promotes healthy immune function and response.*
- It supports the liver and gallbladder.*
- Melissa supports heathy cellular function, particularly in the breast, ovaries, blood, epithelial tissues, brain tissue, and colon tissue.*
- It helps to calm and soothe muscles.*
- It promotes healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range.*
- It provides antioxidant support.*
- This essential oil supports healthy liver function.*
- It supports healthy blood sugar levels already in the normal range.*
- Melissa cleanses and purifies surfaces throughout the home, and is especially helpful in the kitchen.
Aromatic Description: Citrus, herbaceous
Collection Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Leaf, top
Main Constituents: Geranial, germacrene, neral, β-caryophyllene
Learn More to buy wholesale and get FREE bonus products!
I am wellness advocate #1269118 authorized by doTERRA International since 2014.
Or JOIN MY TEAM and earn a residual income, Business Opportunity Join doTERRA