A great insect repellent as well as other powerful purifying properties. To learn about these simply go to google and search for "arborvitae essential oil health". Known as the “tree of life”
Get your essential oils and natural products wholesale when you join the doTERRA Wholesale Club for $35 or get Free with a kit. This item wholesale is $22 for club members.
Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. Arborvitae essential oil is concentrated in tropolones, such as hinokitiol, which are a group of chemical compounds that protect against environmental and seasonal threats and have powerful purifying properties. These compounds also contribute to Arborvitae’s natural insect repellent properties. Thujic acid, another tropolone found in Arborvitae, has been studied for its ability to protect against common threats in the environment. Native to Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native Americans for health benefits and for building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing. Because of its natural preserving properties, Arborvitae prevents wood from rotting, which makes it popular in woodcraft and for preserving natural wood surfaces.
- Add 2-3 drops to an 8 oz spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands to protect against environmental threats.
- Apply to wrists and ankles while enjoying a hike.
- Diffuse 4-5 drops daily to purify the air and to repel insects inside the home.
- Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for a natural wood preservative and polish.
- Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Natural insect repellent and wood preservative
Blends well with Birch, Cedarwood, Cassia, Eucalyptus
Aromatic Description: Woody, warm, earthy
Aromatic Influence: Arborvitae is calming and may help enhance spiritual awareness or meditation
Collection Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Wood
Main Constituents: Methyl thujate, methyl myrtenate, α-terpineol
Directions for Use:
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
***You can get it for even less by becoming a wholesale customer.
Learn More to buy wholesale and get FREE bonus products!
I am wellness advocate #1269118 authorized by doTERRA International since 2014.