1. Cure for Laundry Neglect. Lemon essential oil takes out ALL odor when you forget and leave your load of laundry in the washer over night!
2. Sap-covered Anything. Whether the sap is on your skin, clothes or carpet, lemon oil is excellent for removing pine gum and tree sap.
3. Stop Grease in its Tracks. You just fixed your bike or car and your hands are covered in grease! Soap alone would take a long time with a lot or scrubbing to remove the grease BUT adding lemon oil mixed with your soap will makes for a great de-greaser!
4. Disinfect Everything. Put lemon oil and water in a glass spray bottle and spray your tables, countertops and other surfaces for nontoxic anti-microbial power.
5. Lose the Gas Mask. Do you practically have to wear a gas mask to survive the fumes of your shower or oven cleaner? Go gas mask free and clean with lemon oil. Just a small amount of lemon oil will go a long way to remove the build up.
6. Nourish Your Leathers. Whether its your shoes, accessories or sports equipment, use a little lemon oil on a soft cloth to preserve and nourish them.
7. Shine Your Silver. The same soft cloth with a little lemon oil can be used to remove tarnish on silver or other metals such as jewelry or silverware.
8. Remove Stickiness. Lemon oil can help remove gum from hair, temporary tattoos from skin or remaining glue from a label on a bottle.
9. Re-luster Your Furniture. A few drops of lemon oil mixed with olive oil can make your wooden furniture shine again. This non-toxic furniture polish can also prevent fine wood finishes from drying out, and replaces lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes.
10. De-Smudge Your Stainless. Remove those finger and handprints off your stainless steel appliances with a little lemon oil, water & fractionated coconut oil. You’ll love the way stainless looks and smells!
11. Clean Granite or Porous Stone. The porous nature of your natural stone counters or floors can become a breading ground for bacteria. Lemon oil gets to a deep clean by seeping into the stone to fight germs & leaving a behind lemon freshness!
12. Energize your Brush. Add a drop of lemon and peppermint oils to your toothbrush to before your brush to invigorate yourself at the start of your day!
13. Quarantine Smells. Diffuse or spray lemon oil to neutralize odors at their source caused by smelly sneakers, potty training, or sour milk left out in a cup.
14. Take the Spine Out of Scuffs. Got a scuff mark that just won’t go away? Lemon oil lifts scuff marks with ease!
15. Curtail the Dank, Musty or Mildewed. Chase away that “old smell” from the back your closet with a lemon oil spritz and wipe down.
16. Stop Cutting Board Bacteria. Cutting boards can harbor bacteria and the safest way to remove them is with lemon oil especially since people love the taste of lemon (and not chemicals).
17. Control the Aphids. Aphids—those pesky little bugs that plague roses and other flowering plants. Lemon or peppermint oil with water in a spray bottle are a natural way to kills aphids and their larvae on contact, but leave your plants looking lovely.
18. Spot-Free Dishes. Instead of a rinse agent, add a few drops of lemon oil to your dishwasher soap container with each load. Your dishes will come out spot-free!
19. Refresh Bad Smelling Towels. Add lemon oil to your detergent, soak towels overnight, wash, dry and your towels will smell so much better!
Cooking & Food
20. Energy Boost. For a quick, refreshing energy boost, combine a couple drops each of lemon essential oil and peppermint essential oil in a glass of water and drink up. Add a lemony taste to your bottled water.
21. Zest Up Your Sweet Treats. There are an infinite number of ways lemon oil can add a bit of freshness to your confectionaries: Lemon frosting • Lemon meringue • Lemon cakes • Lemon squares • Lemon cookies • They are all delicious!
23. Pep Up Your Entrees. With lemon oil, there are countless ways to make the bland dish more exciting: Roasted veggies with lemon oil, Pasta with garlic, olive oil & a few drops of lemon oil, and really anything with garlic & lemon is delicious!
24. Preserve Your Fruit & Veggies. Use a spritz of water & lemon oil to keep your cut fruit & veggies fresh.
Body & Mind
25. Ease Respiratory Discomfort. When diffused, it’s a great way to slow wheezing, colds, cough, and other upper respiratory problems.
26. De-scratch Your Scratchy Throat. Adding a couple drops of lemon essential oil to warm water & honey can help lessen the effect of a sore throat and nasty cough.
27. Sun Your Hair Chemical Free. Skip the expensive salon highlight treatment, and chemical spray by using lemon oil to create your own hair highlights. Just go in the sun after to brighten your hair!
28. Fight the Fungus Among Us. Tired of seeing that unsightly nail fungus? Lemon oil is great for nails, and can help elevate nail fungus.
29. Calm Your Nerves. Diffuse lemon and lavender to feel less anxious and be in a better mood.
30. Clear Your Mind & Focus. To help clear and focus your mind, diffuse lemon oil.
31. Take the Heat Out of Cold Sores. Put a drop on a cold sore to elevate discomfort and help It heal faster.
32. Brighten Your Mood. You can diffuse it or apply topically. It’s hard to not improve your outlook with lemon oil around!
33. Tough Skin. To soften hard spots on your feet, routinely add a few drops of lemon oil and you’ll have soft skin!
34. A Brighter Complexion. Lemon oil makes for an excellent exfoliate when mixed with ground oatmeal for a homemade scrub!